Author Topic: DBT *brief mention of SH*  (Read 5581 times)

Offline yrangelion

• 18+
  • Usually here
DBT *brief mention of SH*
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:07:40 PM »
Hi!
I've read the noticeboard post and I think this is the right place to post this...if not, please feel free to move mods! :)

DBT has changed my life. I have gone from SH'ing several times a day, to not SH'ing in nearly 2mths! It's not easy and it's a constant battle but my advice to anyone would be to give DBT your all, use the coaching line as much as needed, do the homework and really put the effort in. it is hard, really hard in fact and the first time I did it, I ended up coming out of the group after about 6mths because I couldn't do it, I completed the last 6mths on just a 1:1 basis which really isn't the same. I then went back into group for 6mths and they decided I was well enough to do it on my own then. I still get days where I struggle and have to phone the coaching line but overall I am doing ok. I mean the fact that I even phone the coaching line when struggling is a huge deal as before I was VERY anti-phoning.

I am even looking at going back to uni in September, this would have been unimaginable before DBT.

If you have any questions about DBT or about my journey, please feel free to ask them! :)

Stay strong guys and don't give up! xx
when you feel like giving up, think of all the reasons you've held on for so long!! :)

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: DBT *brief mention of SH*
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 11:35:48 AM »
 :woohoo: well-done.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

Offline yrangelion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:54:28 PM »
Thank you xx
when you feel like giving up, think of all the reasons you've held on for so long!! :)

Offline sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • "Stop asking if I'm OK, Im tired of lying"
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 06:28:03 AM »
I agree. DBT can be very useful. I've done it 3 times now and taken important skills from it. mostly the mindfulness and distraction skills are the ones that usually help.  just never when I need them to. but, yes very useful indeed. there is also a DBT app for a phone or tablet. its kinda like a diary and can help you keep track of practising the skills.
"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says.....I survived!"

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 04:56:17 AM »
Well done yrangelion- nice post  :) :hug2:

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 07:44:33 PM »
As someone who's going to do DBT in the near future (depending on waiting list time), this is really helpful. Thank you. :)
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline yrangelion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:38 PM »
Anything you want to ask, let me know xx