Author Topic: Feel a bit silly  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Tina88

• 18+
  • First posts
Re: Feel a bit silly
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 04:43:55 PM »
Definately more in control than i was all them years  back and the fact that this place is still here is fab. I made quite a few friends here and im still in touch with a few.

Offline Shinigami

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Provehito in Altum
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
 :1059:
That's no excuse to guilt trip you, mothers should be there to protect. Not the other way round.
It should be a reason to help you!!

It's so damn frustrating when they just ignore one of the most important elements in your life. I have to admit, my mum does the same. If it ever gets brought up she says "oh but its alright because we're going/doing..." (her and her husband).

Well done for not covering it up though. Even when its easy to see, you would be surprised how much other people don't notice anyway!

Good to hear that you are more in control these days, even though you're going through a rough patch.

Xx
Where there's life, there is hope.
 In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.

Offline Tina88

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »
 :1059:
Parents have a great way of making you feel wanted at times dont they. My mum loves the story about her not drinking and one night she had a drink and i had an episode and took myself to hospital. She had to get someone to drive her round to look for me. That always comes up at some form of family gathering.

Think i may need to come up with some awesome comebacks to make her feel just as small  :thumbsup:

I must say though I get an awesome tan now. Think its all the years of sunbathing in a jumper hehe.

Offline Shinigami

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Provehito in Altum
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
Yeah, I think its time you started working on some comebacks!! =P
I bet she gets a lot of "sympathy" when she tells thatthat one!!

My mum worked in the hospital and wasnt accepting of my SH, so that wasn't an option for me. I guess I'm lucky that she doesn't have those stories. I've never seen it that way, but after all these years, you've helped me see a positive from those years =P Im actually going to write that down!

Awwwh, that's not fair, I just have to THINK about the sun and get b**nt.
Fancy sharing your tan?? 8))

X
Where there's life, there is hope.
 In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.

Offline Tina88

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 06:03:12 PM »
Ive still got tan lines from June  ::P: it does however make my scars go perfectly white and shiny making them so much more obvious. Thats when the shark and tiger stories come into play. I found those on here and still use them to this day  :thumbsup:

My mum used to be the sort who would wait for me to be getting ready for bed and barge into my room. One night she actually ripped my tshirt off, and i mean tore it into pieces whilst still on my body. Wasnt very understanding at first, but after kicking me out twice as a teenager I think she just gave up in the end. She does forget the kicking out bit of the story all the time.

I'm glad to have given you a positive to take away with you  :) .

Offline princess890

• 18+
  • Silver Member
  • Depressed? Phone off ignore the world
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
Hey Tina88

Have you tried other coping mechanism that are less destructive, perhaps when you next feel like self-harming have a box of distractions and things you can do instead of self-harming, you could easily print off the list of distractions and have a box in place of things you can to avoid the urge. Or perhaps have a cold shower, use  red marker/pen  on the areas you want to cut, chew ice cubes etc. You can get the same feeling of sh but without the nasty damage.
How about writing a list on a piece of paper of the reasons you don't want to self-harm?

For example: Don't want to go into hospital if you hurt to deep and the four hour wait to be seen
                    Don't want to worry lots of people such as spouse, friends and family
                    Don't want to feel ashamed and guilty of the behaviour, which then makes you feel even more worse about yourself

4 Days Binge Free