Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here and Now Room / Re: Feeling low may trig s/h
« Last post by Tucan on Today at 03:41:45 PM »
Thank you. How are you feeling today?
Here and Now Room / Re: Tired of fighting myself *trig sh* *trig SA*
« Last post by Tucan on Today at 03:41:20 PM »
It isn't nice when you argue with yourself. You end up stuck with n so many circles it feels like your head may just explode. I am sorry to hear about your grandad. It is sad he is gone.
Here and Now Room / Re: Messed up meds.
« Last post by Tucan on Today at 03:38:24 PM »
My pa cancelled on me today. As a consequence I spent half the day in bed and missed breakfast. Then when I did get up I didn't get on with my jobs. Sigh. I am so lazy and pathetic. I was planning on getting up early enough to have 2 cups of tea before she got here, then have a bacon and egg sandwich for lunch once she had left. Chill for a bit. Visit grandad and then visit mother. Chill for a bit have dinner and then go knitting group. Instead I didn't get out of bed until until 12:10. Then I didn't function for a few hours. Somehow I still managed to have my bacon and egg sandwich. I haven't had the motivation to drink enough today so I am now really thirsty. I have tried drinking some water. All I have managed to do of my jobs is wash my pots. I haven't even started on my cages yet. I don't think I have enough woodshavings which means an extra step.of going to the shop. I always go with my pa. I may just go to pets at home even though they are a lot more expensive. They are also closer. I have run out of time to visit my grandad who is frail and old and sick. I am normally at my mother's by now but I am still not dressed! Arghh. How does this happen to me again! I am so bad and lazy. All I want to do is lie in bed. Stupid  :peepwall1:  :banghead:
Here and Now Room / Re: Feeling low may trig s/h
« Last post by jokerlaw on Today at 01:28:56 PM »
Thanks, will let you know how it goes.
Here and Now Room / Re: Tired of fighting myself *trig sh* *trig SA*
« Last post by Tigger on Today at 12:20:13 PM »
You're funny Rob  ::P: are you the only mod nowadays ? And thankyou.

Was doing well apart from this hideous feeling of anxiety but just found out my Grandad died. I feel awful I'm the other side of the world and can't do anything. My instinct is to run home to help but that's easier said than done.

My emotions are really all over the place and now the urge to SH is really strong. Im too tired to type and too tired to fight its easier to give in. I can't do what i wasn't its too hard to hide it when its 40 degrees outside. Need a new location but i really shouldn't. My brain hurts from arguing with myself.
Here and Now Room / Re: Canít keep up with my moods
« Last post by Rob on Today at 11:16:49 AM »
 :happy020:
I'm glad you had a good day out with your friends - everyone needs to be able to relax, and it's good to spend time with different people.

Wearing headphones when walking has been known to create quite an enclosed environment, insulated from the outside which can sometimes contribute to feeling dissociated - perhaps that happened with you. It might be worth keeping that in mind.

How long are you expecting to wait before hearing from the MH people?  :hug2:
Here and Now Room / Re: DBT anyone?
« Last post by Rob on Today at 10:41:08 AM »
I hope that it works for you.
« Last post by so sad on Today at 10:04:47 AM »
Thank you for your replies. I've read good things about it and I know its going to be really hard but I need something to work after 25 years of feeling like this.

My main worry is that the timing isn't going to be right - its looking like my Mum has cancer and I'm not sure I can manage it all but we'll see

xx
« Last post by sniper on Today at 08:12:47 AM »
Hi,
I have done some DBT. It is helpful and useful. (Not for me obviously) but, it can help in many ways. Yes, it is hard. Stick with it though, I hope you benefit a lot from it.
I was due to do some DBT with Prolonged Exposure last year, but something unexpected came up. I first was referred in 2008. I have unknowingly been practicing the skills since. I guess the trick is, you have to be aware that you are using/practicing the skills. Some of it is quite interesting I found. It can help you to manage a variety of situations/emotions and possibly thoughts as well.
I wish you the best of luck with it.
:)
Here and Now Room / Re: Canít keep up with my moods
« Last post by Tucan on Yesterday at 08:56:27 PM »
Good luck. Sorry things are really difficult for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10