Author Topic: Mood starting to go other way.  (Read 2980 times)

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Its a cup, not a toilet!
Re: Mood starting to go other way.
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
Nope. Packing group, shopping and then pa tomorrow. I need to sort the tyres out on my car. The consellor suggested I talk to the pysch about my constant tiredness and demotivation. When I am alone all I want to do is sleep and do nothing. It's a struggle to do anything. My.sister suggested I talk to the gp about it.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

'Sigh no more ladies sigh no more for men were deceivers ever'

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »
Maybe some people were unable to attend, the might have been ill or something? It's been emotional for you so it's understandable that you're tired  :hug1:.
Talk to the GP/psych if you can, things have been difficult for you so you could do with some extra help  :hug2:.
RIP my beautiful Columbus, you're at peace now. :bunny: :1027:

August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2018, 09:48:16 PM »
I plan to talk to my pysch as I think it could be a side effect of medication. I want to sleep all the time which was understandable when I had depression. But now (apart from the last couple of weeks where stuff has happened) my mood has been more stable. I shouldn't be wanting to go bed and not wanting to get out of bed all the time if I am stable. That is the reason why I do so much is because if I didn't go to all these groups all I would do is stay in bed all day and do nothing. Even if I am not sleeping.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
Drowsiness is a common side effect of many meds, definitely talk to your psych.

It's a shame that you can't learn to enjoy having time to yourself, I love time alone. Maybe you could plan some time to yourself to just chill and pig out on the sofa for an evening a week :). It would be helpful for you I think, especially living alone. It can get lonely, it's the same for me, but I have learnt to just relax when I'm alone and spending time with the  :bunny: 4 helps too. What about a games console? I have an Xbox kinect which helps me get some exercise because I like the games on there, I have a fun zombie fighting game! Games can be a good distraction sometimes :). It's not easy but you don't want to overdo things by being busy constantly, everyone needs to chill out alone once in a while.

August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Thank you. It is hard. I been struggling with being alone to various degrees since I had a crisis in February last year. Sometimes it isn't too bad and I can watch TV on my own. Other times it is crippling and I don't see the point in life if I am on my own. I do have several games consoles. I do enjoy playing games. I just cannot concentrate on them for very long and get fed up easily. Also I am accutely aware that I enjoy those games much more when I playing them.with somebody else. I lack motivation especially if I am on my own. I was that tired yesterday I fell asleep on the sofa at 8-9pm and missed my bath. That meant I went into work.today minging not having had a bath or wash since Sunday! I just hoped that nobody would notice. With my hair tied up it isn't too obvious!

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »
Seen the pysch today. I think he is happy with my progress. We have decided to leave my medication as it is despite the tiredness as I don't want to risk another episode. I more likely to go high if the antipsychotics are reduced. I am already on a low dose.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
  • Official NSHN geriatric
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »
Sounds sensible to keep you stable.  :emot-thumbsup11:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:35:10 PM by Rob »
:icon_arrow: NHS Direct 111 :icon_arrow: Careline 0808 100 1210 :icon_arrow: Childline 0800 1111 :icon_arrow: Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text SAMs 07725909090 - Free SAMs 116 123 :icon_arrow: Basic First Aid

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2018, 12:59:06 PM »
I will just have to put up with the tiredness and wanting to go to bed all the time. He also thinks my lack of emotions is due to the Asperger's. He said it can be normal to go numb with grief and feel nothing so I don't have to worry I haven't had an emotional response to my grandad dying. I think my meds are contributing to my tiredness but I don't think they are the only cause of it.

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Did he suggest anything to help with the tiredness? Changes in diet/exercise etc? Could the tiredness be due to all of the activities that you do? I'd be knackered!

August 22nd 2018

Online Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
I do so many activities because I am scared that I will stay in bed if I don't do so much! He did suggest reducing the meds but I was concerned that would send me high. He didn't suggest anything else.