Author Topic: don't feel hugs  (Read 3891 times)

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
don't feel hugs
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
Hiya All

As you know I currently have depression, but is it normal to not feel hugs and cuddles like I used to. My boyfriend can cuddle and hug me as much as he likes and being a big chap he's like cuddling a huge gigantic teddy bear. But at the moment i mentally cannot feel any of his cuddles etc and same goes for family and friends. I trust him with all my heart it's just mentally I feel nothing/numb inside.

Please help and advice me of what this is?
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline TheChosenZen

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
Re: don't feel hugs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »
Hello AngelDevil,

Personally, I have had the same issue, which I expressed with my therapist, many people who go through stages of depression, tend to loose sexual interactions, with the partners, and their friends. So, it's quite common to feel so interaction during hugs, are you currently taking medication for your depression?

Best wishes
Angel
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go. Dr. Seuss
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance it is the illusion of knowledge.

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
Yes I am and im in its early stages as I had a medication, I changed my meds from something hat was making me physically worse to a medication that ticking more boxes.
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
I think it's perfectly understandable to not 'feel' hugs sometimes. Quite often my Mum will give me a hug but it doesn't cause a positive reaction, I just feel a bit awkward. It could be just part of the depression package, or maybe something that will lessen as the medication gets further into your system. If your partner hugging you is making you uncomfortable in anyway, perhaps try gently bringing up the conversation? xx
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D