NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Venlafaxine - advice please

(1/3) > >>

Lily Kym:
Don't know if this is right place to put this - but I just want some feedback about venlafaxine.

After speaking to my psychiatrist today, I'm going to start this but I've heard you get bad side effects if you miss one dose.

The only real side effect I had from skipping amitryptline was sleeplessness. Which i'm severely suffering with currently.

Psychiatrist said on phone today that I can talk to my GP about sleeping meds as he's told my GP that I will be asking, and I will tell him which one.

I have no idea which one I should request??? I don't know much about that.

Only experience other than ami (side effect being sedative) is Tempazepam. But tbh that was crap.

Can any one help with either question please?

Faded~Lady:
Ask for zolpidem or clonazepam.   As for venlafaxine withdrawals kicked in after a couple of days xxx

Bethy:
Re Venlafaxine, I did get bad side effects if I missed a dose (or when I was on quite a high dosage, if I took it just a few hours late or anything) but for me it was a good drug and actually knowing about the potential side effect made it easier to keep in a routine of taking it, and it was fine.

Lily Kym:
thank you x

it's a bit weird asking for a med. I don't understand it tbh. I would assume the psych would know best?

hayley:
You cant really skip doses of venlafaxine as withdrawal kicks in really quickly. Palpitations and electric shock type sensations. This more on high dose though.  And when you've been on it for a while and are ready come off it it has to be done really slllooowwwly.

As for sleepers - zolpidem is nicer than zoplicone because zopiclone leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth the next day and doesn't go away!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version