Author Topic: Action Plan *Trig*  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
Action Plan *Trig*
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »
My parents are leaving for a fortnights holiday tomorrow and I'm not particularly in a good/safe place at the moment. I'm ridiculously apprehensive about the thought of being alone with my head for two weeks. I'm not even going to be alone, I have two brothers who live in the same house, but I tend to end up being the mother and having to do everything. My oldest brother is planning a huge party and is having a friend stay for a full week. This, combined with the fact my care co-ordinator is on annual leave has left me feeling really scared.

I was thinking of making up a little Plan of Action for me to easily look at and use when things get a bit too difficult. I did a quick Google search for some examples, but haven't found anything yet. Has anyone had to make one before? Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with things?

(Wasn't sure which room this fitted in best: Do please move if needed :))
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Action Plan *Trig*
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:30:12 AM »
That sounds like an awesome idea.

I often do like a timetable to fill up the time but, could you do a variety of things

A plan of what you will do if you are not feeling safe at that moment, some distractions and stuff with contact numbers of people to call etc

Timetable of things to keep you busy

A list of treats to 'look after yourself'??
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Bethy

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Maybe a list of things to do, another list of distractions for when you can't focus on those things, and a separate list of safe places you can go to (including virtual 'places' like here), and another list of people you can contact with their details, ranging from just somebody to hang out with through to whatever appropriate professionals, Sams etc. Plus Foaly's idea of looking after yourself treats is a good one too.

Hope it goes okay xx

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »
Thanks both, I'll incorporate your suggestions. I have started making one up on my computer :)
< Buzz ;D
*cat* < Ruby ;D

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
How are you doing hun? xx

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »
Well I just about survived through the fortnight. It was very stressful, exhausting and draining but I suppose it's a positive that I made it through without a crisis. I had some bad nights, but I was lucky enough to have a friend support me through those times :) Thanks all xx

lock please
< Buzz ;D
*cat* < Ruby ;D