Author Topic: Understood  (Read 3752 times)

Offline behindthewall

• 18+
  • Usually here
Understood
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:38 PM »
Just wanted to share something positive for a change.

I saw my therapist yesterday and he wrote me letter as part of the therapy about past stuff and what my issues are. Reading it through it is the first time I have ever really felt understood.

When I cut myself, I never show anyone, I keep it hidden. Sometimes people see old scars but never anything recent. I had a dream once that someone (a friend) lifted my sleeve and saw what I had done and understood. That has never actually happened though. I've talked to my therapist about cutting but never shown him anything.

Reading the letter though it seems that I have managed to express myself in words to him and he has understood why I hurt so much, and I can see why too in what he wrote. Nothing is fixed but I feel that what I have been trying to express by injuring myself for all these years has finally been said. That is good.

:1027:

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Understood
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
That is awesome!
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Understood
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »
 :)