Author Topic: Amisulpride?  (Read 5040 times)

Offline obsidian

• 18+
  • Usually here
Amisulpride?
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
Sorry, not posted on here in ages. Had a meds review today and been prescribed amisulpride, but i wasn't really with it during the meeting so we didn't discuss much about it. Just read the info leaflet and really nervous. Anyone got any experience of it?

Offline weegie

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Amisulpride?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
I was on it for a while a few years ago and I didn't have any problems with it. Patient information sheets are always really scary as they have to put every possible effect even though they're usually really rare. It didn't really work for me but I didn't have any side effects.
"Chastity, the most unnatural of all perversions." Aldous Huxley

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
How're you getting on with it, Obsidian? I've not long started it and haven't noticed anything dreadful. It seems much less sedating that the olanzapine I was on and since they've stopped the clopixol and upped the dose of this, life has improved. I can actually get up ok in the mornings! I hope it's helping you too. :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline obsidian

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »
It sedated me quite a lot at first, but hasn't really helped much so far. Still on the dose i started on though. Psych thought it more important to start me on sertraline than up the amisulpride this time, but see her again in a couple of weeks and we'll see how that goes.  :hug1: