Author Topic: After 4 years...  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Moe

• First posts
After 4 years...
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:44:48 PM »
Good god, how many possible icons are there on this page?!  :wabbit: Rabbits!!!!

Anyway guys, hello and this is my first post and first visit here.  I've gone 4 years without SH and in the past 2 weeks I've just gone right back into it.  And it's a relief to be doing it again, I really mean it.  I'm sure these forums are all about understanding without condoning SH and challenging why people SH - so I'll read the Guidelines section on other pages.  But I just wanted to say that it seemed the most natural thing in the world, the most appropriate reaction to how things are at the moment.  I know, I KNOW I KNOW about all the magical thinking that we ascribe to SH but still I've been doing it.

I went to my practice nurse last week, who was lovely and concerned and I promised her that I'm not suicidal (which I'm really not...there's too much gardening to do) and if I get to a real crisis point I'll head to A&E.  She arranged for the community mental health team call me in the next 48hrs.  That was Thursday.  Today is Tuesday.  No phone call.

I recognise the signs and I think I'm losing the plot again.  Keeping myself away from other people, happy music just jars against my mood so I don't listen to it, I've started restricting my intake massively and I'm weighing myself a lot, I'm lonely and I'm shutting down.

So that's it really...just saying Hello and Help

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: After 4 years...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
sorry not in a very good place at mo so not much help but maybe you should go see gp and tell them how you feel. :hug1:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline JCat

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Re: After 4 years...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
I myself have been on and off for a number of years and am now in my mid-20s.
I understand what you mean about feeling that it helps to SH but if you've not done it for 4 years, try and look at the bigger picture. SH may feel like it helps in the short term but in the long term can have devastating effects.
Go talk to someone, your GP is a good start. And I can't recommend a decent councillor enough.
Only you yourself will know how you feel inside and if you need help.
Take the first step; you'll definitely feel better for making a positive step.
Good luck! :)