Author Topic: Worried re sh  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Broken Wings

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Formely Ms Boots
Worried re sh
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »
Not sure if this is in the right place,mods pls move if not,since sunday at least once a day if not more I've chemically b**nt,saw my gp this eve says its infected and I need to stop,finding it hard cause I need that release,the problem is the whole arm is tight on moving arm is really swollen not sure if its just infected,b**n area is red raw,hot to touch but swelling is from area down to hand,not sh like this before,just worried. Wondered if anyone else has done this and can give me some advice on how to care for sh. Thank you x
Sometimes we don't need advice
We just need someone to listen

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Worried re sh
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
If it is infected, your gp should have given you appropriate treatment which should start making a difference. If the swelling is still increasing, you should see your gp again - or a&e. c******l burns often need additional treatment to stop things getting worse, you should make sure that you're attended to properly.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Broken Wings

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Formely Ms Boots
Re: Worried re sh
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
Thanks Rob,she's given me antiboctics and the usual spil of keeping it clean and dry,applying antiseptic cream,each of which i'm doing,seeing her again tuesday to review.Really want to hang on till then if i can,but i know if it gets worse i'll have to get help,sort of knew that anyway but needed to hear someone else say it as well,once again thank you  :holdingflower:
Sometimes we don't need advice
We just need someone to listen