Author Topic: Swimming  (Read 8845 times)

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Swimming
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:53:21 PM »
I can’t at the moment due to a wound needing to heal. But I’d like to. I have a physical illness which makes exercise difficult and swimming would probably be helpful. I have significant issues with body image but also would want 3/4 or full length sleeves to swim in. Does anyone have recommendations for swim wear or good experiences with swimming?

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Swimming
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
People I find don't tend to look ate when they are swimming. They are too busy doing their own thing. I was really self conscious about scars. I am ok with it now. It does get easier especially once you realise that nobody had even noticed. As for swimwear I have no recommendations.
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »
Thank you 😊

Offline Tired Soul

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »
Whenever I have been swimming I have found that people really aren't that interested in looking at me/my body... I think because you're not sunbathing around the pool on a tropical island (well maybe you are haha but I'm not), most people are there just to exercise and focussed on getting whatever their goal is in the pool done.  Some pools dont allow you to wear 'non swimwear material clothing' in the pool (like cotton tshirts/shirts) because they can stretch in the water and drag you down/tangle up a bit (safety risk), thought it's worth knowing in case you want to check with the pool if they have any restrictions.  I used to wear 'rash shirts', which are like boarding/uv tshirts for surfing etc, but i found it just meant i had one more soggy piece of clothing to take home, and nobody was looking at me really, so i decided id just swim in my swimsuit (once youre in the water its hard to see what's happening on anyones skin anyway).

Swimming is great, it's worth the sometimes uncomfy dash into the pool haha :) hope you manage to get yourself there once your arm has healed some more!

Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
Thank you!  I have found a couple of rash shirts but hadn’t thought about checking with the pool. I will do. Eventually I’d like to be at a point where I dont care about what I look at but to begin with I need a bit of coverage  :) sadly it will be swimming in the chilly local pool, nowhere tropical 🐠

Online Axia

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • May dragons take flight in your dreams tonight...
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 01:13:03 AM »
I've got 2 long sleeve swimsuits but I haven't been brave enough to go swimming yet, I'm working on it.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. x

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 04:32:25 AM »
It’s scary isn’t it?! Did you buy them online? X

Online Axia

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • May dragons take flight in your dreams tonight...
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »
Yes I bought them from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wowforu-Printing-Long-sleeve-Surfing-Swimsuit/dp/B072Z976XJ/ref=sr_1_197?crid=JBTFG5WRKVLT&keywords=long+sleeve+swimsuit+women&qid=1553273393&s=gateway&sprefix=Long+sleeve+%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-197

I have a green galaxy one and a purple galaxy one. They have a zip at the back. I like the patterns and hopefully they will distract from the scars on my legs and no one will be able to see my arms. They are from China and are really nice.

Hope it helps  :hug1:
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. x

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
Thanks so much!  :hug1:

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 04:22:12 PM »
I have a long sleeve top and swimming leggings-there's loads on Amazon. I've always been allowed to wear them in swimming pools. I was only asked why I was covered up once and I replied that I'm self conscious (which is true in a way) and that was that.
If you're worried try going to the adult only sessions because people are only there for exercise and I just got out10 mins early so that I could have a shower.
Rabbits are better than people