Author Topic: Carbamazepine?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Carbamazepine?
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:20:16 PM »
Hey.

Looking for personal experiences of this medication. I understand that everyone is different etc. I know the clinical side of things, and can easily access more technical information on it should I need/want to, but I just wondered how other people had found it?
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Carbamazepine?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:40:20 AM »
Hi Terri

I took this way back in 2008. A recent Psychiatrist led me to believe it was an unusual thing to have prescribed these days. Personally I don't recall any side effects. But it's really worth discussing how to have a safe supply of it. I only stopped taking it because I didn't take it safely. No one myself included thought the benefits outweighed the risk of a repeat. It really isn't something that is safe to experiment with. I wouldn't have it again for the same reason even though thing are much better and it was helpful. I seem to remember regularly having blood tests on this - but it may also have been because of what I was doing at the time.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline icicle

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Carbamazepine?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 09:25:22 AM »
I took that eons ago. It helped with anger. I had to buy bigger bras whilst I was taking it. A troublesome side effect was that I struggled with word recall, which was a problem for me at work, when I was explaining things. I don't remember withdrawal affects when I stopped taking it, like you get with antidepressants.