Author Topic: Safe Weight Loss *Potential Trig ED/DE*  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
Safe Weight Loss *Potential Trig ED/DE*
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »
Hey.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to safely start exercising/losing weight after struggling with disordered eating stuffs? I hate my current size and really want to do something about it, but any time I start/try I either go straight to starving myself, exercising like mad until I give up, reaching a low point, 'binging' and either purging or giving up there and then.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated,
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Safe Weight Loss *Potential Trig ED/DE*
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »
hi!!!! im the same as you with eating disorder. i dont take my own advice but my advice to you would be slimming world if you are trying to lose weight. ive heard fab stories about it, and good weight loss too. good luck!!
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:10:28 AM »
Being honest. It's humiliating etc. but going to your GP/your Mum/someone you trust and essentially saying...I'm overweight/I need to lose weight, you know my history/explain said history. I'd really appreciate assistance/support to do this sensibly.

I'm currently trying to lose a fairly large amount of weight whilst in "recovery" (ick, I hate that word, and not sure I actually am ::) ) but my Mum and GP and MH team are very much aware of this. I'm not saying I'm not engaging in any ED behaviours, but it does help to feel more accountable and helps motivation wise.

It's late, I'm tired and rambling...I apologise ::P:

Offline Lwona

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Haven Cow
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies both.

howling: Although I would like to have the support of a group, I'm not sure I'm up to that yet. I was looking into trying weight watchers points (which I just do myself) again but I'm not sure.

Tallulah: I think embarrassment is a huge factor. No one would look at me and think I have trouble with skipping meals ::) so I feel like I should keep things to myself, which is probably why it fails a lot more. I think that makes a lot of sense. I will try to confide in someone how difficult I find things food wise and see if they can support me a bit. No need for apologies, made perfect sense.

Sorry for bumping, but thank you xx
< Buzz ;D
:piano: < Little Red Dude
*cat* < Ruby ;D