Author Topic: hiding scars  (Read 5424 times)

Offline needtostop

• Standard Member
  • Bronze Member
hiding scars
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »
I am new to this site and I am new to self harm.
My cuts are well hidden on a day to day basis - nobody has any idea.
My SH is purely down to my current situation.
I have never SH before, but feel it has really helped me cope the past 6 months.

I really want to plan a holiday this year  - last year was so so bad.
If i go away alone, things won't be a problem, but if i go away with a family or friends, things are going to be more difficult.
I am female, i have never cut my arms, but my upper thigh (Rt) always takes the brunt of things.
I would normally wear a bikini on a sunny holiday but now feel reluctant to do so.
i havn't SH for the past week, trying so very hard not to - but have very strong urges which are hard to control.
I have made a mess of my leg & this should be enough to make me stop - but its not enough (i don't understand)
The wounds are still quite fresh, i'm not sure how badly they will scar, but some were pretty deep.
Some days they don't look too bad, other days they stand out so much.

Is there anyone that has advice on concealing the evidence of SH.
I really don't want anyone to know - it is my personal problem and one that i want to deal with alone.

Jules x

Offline rainbow

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • This Too Shall Pass!
Re: hiding scars
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Hey :hug2:

Welcome to nshn. X

I have a swimming costume that covers the tops of my thighs. My mum got it for me when I had to go swimming with work. Have a search online :)

Hope your ok, well done for not harming for a week xox
With Love. x
Justice For Giraffes
How's it going today wee Mary? :;):
"I’ve been to the year 3000….. Not much has changed but Freddo's are £40.

Offline oOoKATEoOo

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • Twitter
Re: hiding scars
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
Hi needtostop

We have an SH site in common there.  I always wear bikini top with board shorts (google them) it's a good look.  You can get short ones or knee length ones.  Or a sarong is another option?

Hope this helps!

:hug1:
"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."
Buddha

Last SH: 05/09/12