Author Topic: Need your help with making a film!!  (Read 4327 times)

Offline nr24

• First posts
Need your help with making a film!!
« on: October 09, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm in my third year at University on a Media Production course and I'm coming to this forum with the hope that people will be able to help in collaberating their experiances of depression and potentially self harm so that I can make an honest and accurate account of how these issues affect a person.

I myself have battled with depression in the past. Also a number of close relatives have suffered the same. My ex girlfriend has struggled with self harm for many years, which has been a very hard hitting situation for me and has effected me profoundly. These factors are why I felt that it would be an appropriate and hugely important subject to focus on for the next and final year of my studies. I feel that mental illnesses and their subsequent effects are significantly unrepresented in the media so the chance for me to be able to do this is both exciting and essential.

The film will be a 5-6 minute animation that tackles how an individual copes and sees the world when suffering from depression.

The story which I tell will be very much dependant on the kind of response I get here. I want it to be as honest as possible (potentially using stories that you guys provide) and I felt that I needed more insight from past or current suffers so as to do this.

Any input, large or small, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Need your help with making a film!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:25:43 PM »
There are a lot of stories already viewable in the Reference Section, too.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
Hi, I'd be happy to help.

What kind of information would you like to know? I've had a fairly long history of mh problems and self harm, so it's fairly easy for me to draw a story or memory from childhood, teenager years or uni years. I'm 28 now.

If you'd like to pm me that's fine.
X
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »
I'd be happy to help if I can too :)
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline nr24

• First posts
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »
Hi,

I can't seem to PM anyone on here but thanks to the people who have shown interest in my project and I would very much like to get in touch to talk about your stories if possible. If anyone can help on the PMing issue then that would be great too!

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
Pms are only offered after about a month's active membership. This is as a protection to our members - it gives us a while to get to know newbies.
Most of what you might need to know can perhaps be posted on your thread. Members who wish to write privately can still send pms to you, although you can't reply privately.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258